A quick post office run needed to that poxy Co-Op in Newbold before we move on which I swore I would never goto again – which this time were open when taking in a delivery, (you may remember last time they closed the store at 16:30 (according to those waiting) to unload it and stock the shelves – 6 people were waiting outside for hours.. one of them being me.. they decided to open the door – state they were staying closed and would re-open in the morning – and shut the door again before anyone could say anything!).. So yea.. unless its a dire emergency – Co-Op in Newbold can sod off!
The weather again is for more rain – but less wind today.. but first stop – Armadas to get a pump-out and some diesel. Thankfully, there were no boats at the service dock today – and the wind dies down just as we needed to pull in.. so were safely in and getting everything sorted. I thought I would get some photos actually there today.. and not whilst we go past!
So it’s a final big thank-you to Armada for staying open through the entire lock-down, so people like us who live onboard and require services can get them!
I also think that someone else is happy were finally moving properly..
A girl and her dog!
Now.. this is more like a June cruise..
Through Rose Narrowboats.. Another base I’m not stopping at again.. the water point is ridiculous here – even trying to get close to the edge you end up banging on the stones – and the last time through, we called in at the shop – which was open – but didn’t have any milk – who doesn’t stock bread and milk at a narrowboat shop in a hire base that has residential boats along one side!
And.. it’s looking grey again.. found a nice spot – no boats within sight, no houses, no cars, no roads, no people.. time to pull in and finish of the day down below in the dry!
And.. as usual.. we stop – open the doors.. and 4 furies and 3 dogs all make a dash for it! With no locks to occasionally let them off at, it’s been a long day for them to cross their legs..
Just in time to.. as it didn’t half rain once we got moored up and got the stern cover back up.
We may move on tomorrow, we may stay as there is more rain forecast for tomorrow.. and were only 4 hours away from Nuneaton.. so we will play it by ear tomorrow – Monday looks to be sun and clear skies with no wind.. so we may wait until Monday to move on..