So.. Our stay here was nice, but it was not without issues! Dawson managed to trip over a tree root that was across the tow path whilst out running (yes.. running!), and after getting a phone call from Celeste, and working out which way I should go.. I went to see where they were and how bad it was as he said he couldn’t stand up again. And yes.. swelled up ankle – not sure if its broken or just sprained.. but we hobbled back to the boat and ice-packed it.
It got to the following day, and yes.. he can’t put any weight on it so it’s a hospital run – in this Corona climate.. this should be fun! Thankfully, there is an A&E in Nuneaton close to the canal – so as well as visiting a hospital for Dawson, we can also still see Lisa as planned!
Set off about 10am as this will be a lond enough day – and without Dawson, the only lock of the day (thankfully just a shallow stop lock) Celeste and I will need to do on our own.
Past the Coventry Cruising Club, with their own little private arm off the canal – You wont get may narrow boats in there!
Pull in at Bridge 4, as its the closest sensible spot to a shop and post office.. Get that sorted and its off again to the end of the Oxford Canal..
Past all the residential spots – which currently has a lot less boats – last time we were through here, it was packed, not only with residential s, but temporary boats on the tow path too..
Through the stop lock..
And through the junction, turn right, but then back up to get onto the water point. We may need to stop for a while in Nuneaton – not knowing what the hospital will say – so it’s time to top off the water tank – just incase!
Once the water tank is full, it’s time to get going as it’s starting to get late..
We got to the usual mooring spot where we meet up with Lisa, pulled in and checked with Anna if we should stop here, or continue onto a mooring closer to the hospital. It was decided that getting closer would be better – and if needed, we could meet up on the way back..
So pull out again, under a few more bridges and onto the mooring – for 1 day, or more.. currently, we dont know.
Once the boat was secured, I checked, and there are Uber’s available around here – so that’s the plan.. get a cab to the hospital.
Once there we were not allowed in with Dawson – but he was in, checked, x-ray’d, and released within 15 minutes! In the end – it was a partial torn ligament in his ankle – so a severe sprain!
Now – we just wait for a cab back…
At the moment, Dawson does not need to go back – so were good to leave tomorrow. We will have 2 guests tomorrow, for a gentle cruise out and back, and then its south once more..