The flow of the river is starting to drop, and we have had 2 nice quiet nights here – but it’s time to move back to Kingston and hope there is a spot we can pull into.
And talking of nice nights.. last nights prediction of today’s weather seems to be correct.. “Red Sky at Night, Shepherd’s delight”…
Bella has decided that the River is not for her.. Quietly sunbathing on the rear deck, a boat went past causing a few waves.. which were deflected by the bank, over the stern and onto her head. Even when it’s sunny, she can’t stay dry – and has only just gone back out after mooring up again, and keeps running back into the boat as the slightest sound of a wave getting closer!!
There is not a lot of boats moving at the moment, and yes, the boards for this section are still yellow.. but with no rain predicted for 7 days, I expect those boards will go green today, and if we get a spot in Kingston, were planning to be there until Tuesday, so it should be a nice Bank Holiday on the river in Kingston!
With the flow still there, it was a gentle turn around, just tick over needed to pull the stern in with the flow dealing with getting the bow round, and down to Kingston we go – and this should only be 1/2 an hour with the river flow helping us along at 5.5mph with 1,200 revs on the engine!
And, I’m going the other way round Raven’s Ait this time.. just because I haven’t for a while..
And into Kingston.. there is plenty of room at Barge Walk thankfully, so I just need to turn again, but the flow is less and with no rowers around this will be a gentle turn this time..
And were moored and registered until Tuesday.
And now for some peace whilst I get on with some work.. whilst…